Local food producers and caterers invited to Loving Food event
East Lothian Council Environmental Health are launching a new initiative, Loving Food @ East Lothian, to support and advise local food businesses about calorie and allergen labelling.
Scotland has a health issue. As a nation we are consuming way too much fat, salt and sugar which is impacting on health. You may be aware that nutrition is becoming a key focus for the Scottish Government and in due course this may affect how food businesses are run in the future.
If you manufacture food or sell food to the public we encourage you to take part in a free event organised by Environmental Health in late September where you can :
• View a demonstration of a FREE online tool to help you with calorie labelling and allergen information
• Get advice on recipe formulation & practical workshops
• Sample some reformulated food
• Meet with Scottish Government and partner organisations
• Give your opinions on our Loving Food project
For more details please email: [email protected]