Your opportunity to re-imagine health & social care in East Lothian.
East Lothian’s population is getting older. At the time of the last census, population projections indicated a 72% increase among the over 65 age category between 2012 and 2037.
Although significant steps have already been taken, in the years ahead, we need to collectively ensure that there are sufficient and effective services in place to allow adults of all ages to remain as healthy and independent as possible within our communities.
East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership is responsible for health and social care services in East Lothian. Their aim is to ensure people get the right care and support at the right time and in the right setting, with a focus on providing community-based and preventative care.
ELHSCP want to talk to a wide range of people in the community, of all ages, about what life might be like in their retirement years. For some that may be in 5 – 10 years, it may be a longer way off or it may even be now. Regardless, ELHSCP are planning health and social care services and this is an opportunity to get your ideas and views across.
Have you ever considered what life will be like once you reach retirement age?
- What activities and services would you like to see in your community as you grow older?
- Should you require it, how would you like health and social care services to be provided to you?
- Perhaps you have experience of care services now, and have suggestions about how to improve these services in the future?
- How can we deliver care services closer to, or in a person’s home?
- How can we reduce the need for hospital-based care - especially when it is not the best or right place for someone’s health and or social care needs to be met?
- What other suggestions do you have that could help you or a relative/friend live a healthy and independent lifestyle as you/they get older?
ELHSCP are gathering your thoughts, opinions and ideas as part of public engagement survey, which is available to complete online at www.eastlothian.gov.uk/pfap or by requesting a paper copy via email@example.com or calling 01620 827755.
As an added incentive, respondents to the survey can enter into a draw to win a £100 shopping voucher.
Throughout August, ELHSCP will be hosting a number of online and face-to-face engagement events for people to voice their views. Further information about the survey and upcoming engagement events are posted online at www.eastlothian.gov.uk/pfap.