East Lothian Council is seeking views from local residents on the possibility of creating Journey Hubs across the county.
Journey Hubs are transportation centres which provide public transport and shared transport interchanges, alongside other facilities such as cycle parking, seating and waiting facilities, transport information and more. They connect different types of travel in one place, making it simpler for everyone.
The establishment of Journey Hubs has the potential to support moves to a greener, more connected East Lothian and make it easier to get around the area without a car.
They can help link public transport with bike parking, shared mobility, and more. They can include facilities providing up-to-date travel information, shelter from the elements, and options for car sharing or bike sharing.
Have your say!
The council has launched an online survey through its consultation hub https://www.eastlothianconsultations.co.uk/infrastructure/journey-hubs.
The survey will close at 5pm on Monday 9 October 2023.
People are also welcome attend upcoming events to find out more:
- 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM - North Berwick - Outside Law Cycles
- 01:30 PM - 04:30 PM - North Berwick - Beachfront (Lifeboat Station)
- 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Tranent - Outside 100 High Street
- 01:30 PM - 04:30 PM - Prestonpans - Outside Bayne’s Baker’s
- 10:00 AM - 02:00 PM - Haddington - Next to the Farmer’s Market
- 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Dunbar - High Street Outside Town House
- 01:30 PM - 04:30 PM - Wallyford - Outside Train Station
- 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Musselburgh - Outside Train Station
- 01:30 PM - 04:30 PM - Musselburgh - High Street Outside Holland & Barrett
These events provide a unique opportunity to engage in constructive discussions, share innovative ideas, and ensure your voice is heard.
Join us today in shaping the future of East Lothian's transportation.