East Lothian Council is introducing Parentsportal.scot for P1 to S6 pupils. This is a new digital service to help replace the traditional school bag run, by providing direct communication to parents through a growing set of online services, using one single login. Your school will start using this service soon and will let parents know when it is available.
The portal has been developed to help provide parents with a clear insight into their child's education and to support transactional communications between them and the school.
Registration for a Parent's Portal customer account uses the MyGovScot myaccount service. This is a secure and trusted service provided by the Scottish Government. Most parents have already registered with myaccount to use the SchoolPay online payment system and you can use the same login details for the Parent's Portal.
- register for myaccount through MyGovScot - if you don't already have a myaccount login
- sign in to Parent's Portal using your myaccount login details
- watch the introductory video to get the next steps to link to your children in the Parent's Portal and to start using the features:
Some of the features your school may be using include:
- update your own and your child’s details at any time
- report your child’s absence
- view the school calendar
- view your child’s school report
- view and access school social media and websites
- access online school payments (SchoolPay)
- view your child’s timetable
More features are being developed and will become available in future.
If you are having trouble linking your child read about the most common reasons for this in our guide.
To get support for linking your child, accessing the Parentsportal.scot, or if you are having any other issue help is available by clicking on "Help" at the bottom of the page on the parentsportal.scot website:
Report an absence
Using the Parent's Portal you don't have to try and phone the school any more.
Complete the annual data check