Local libraries in East Lothian
|Monday||9.30 am - 7.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9.30 am - 9.00 pm|
|Wednesday||10.00 am - 5.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.30 am - 7.30 pm|
|Friday||9.30 am - 5.00 pm|
|Saturday||10.00 am - 4.00 pm|
|Sunday||1.00 pm - 4.00 pm|
New in stock
- Storytimes for under 5s, Tuesdays at 10.30am and Thursdays at 2.30pm
- Bookbug sessions - fantastic free story, song and rhyme sessions for babies, toddlers, pre-school children and their families - take place every Wednesday at 10.30am and 11.15am
- Chatterbooks - every fortnight, 3.45pm - 4.45pm for 8-12 year olds
- Tyne and Esk Writers group, 7.00pm, alternate Tuesday evenings
- Sports reminiscence sessions. Drop in and share your sporting memories. Pie and Bovril at half time. Every Tuesday from 10am - 12 noon. Particularly aimed at older (60+) men
- Tyne and Esk Poetry Group meets on the first Tuesday of the month 2.00pm - 4.00pm in the Star Room, John Gray Centre
- Lunchtime book group on the first Tuesday of the month, 12.15pm to 1.00pm
- Evening book group on the third Tuesday of the month, 7.30pm to 8.30pm
- First click computer taster sessions or iPad learner sessions available on demand
- Made in Haddington. Bring your craft along - sewing, knitting, embroidery, crochet, tapestry, jewellery making, card craft etc. and enjoy a chat at the same time. Beginners to experts all welcome. Learn a new skill or share your expertise. Every friday, 10.00am - 12 noon.
- Online basics for Job Seekers. Help with setting up e-mails, scanning, attaching documents, using the internet. Every Thursday afternoon, 2.00-4.00pm. Free, drop in
BOOK WEEK SCOTLAND 2013 Join us for a week of exciting events, 25th November to 1st December
All primary one classes in Haddington are attending the library to hear stories from books in their Primary Family gifting pack. This pack is given to children all over Scotland and is a gift in celebration of Book Week Scotland.
Teddy Bear sleepover Tuesday 26th. Deliver your Teddy to the library by 6pm and find out what he gets up to overnight. Will he be good or bad? Follow their antics on facebook and twitter. Collect him by 5pm on Wednesday 27th
Wednesday 27th come along and hear Janis Mackay, one of the shortlisted authors of this year’s Scottish Book Trust Prize, age 7 – 11 category. Janis talks about her inspiration, living by the sea and gives tips on how to write creatively. It’s free and not to be missed. After school at 3.45pm. The Star Room, John Gray Centre.
Thursday 28th. Coffee with Erin. Join popular novelist Erin Kaye for coffee and a chat at 11am. Erin’s first novel Mothers and Daughters was published in 2003 and she has gone on to publish a number of novels with the latest being Second Time Around. Just turn up for an enjoyable morning and hear more about Erin and her writing.
Saturday 30th 10am Christmas themed creative workshop inspired by the items in the Museum collection housed in the John Gray Centre. This is a free event for under 12’s. To book a place contact the library. 01620 820680.
Saturday 30th Readers day Event/Book Group Party. Author Sara Sheridan is our special guest for this year’s combined readers day event and Book group party. Join us for afternoon tea, our famous literary quiz and a chat with Sara Sheridan, author of the Mirabelle Bevan mysteries. It’s free but please book a place at the library as this is a popular event.
LADIES – GIVE US YOUR SUPPORT! Join the Bra amnesty – give all your old bras a new lease of live and help raise money for our breast cancer research. Deposit your unwanted, wearable bras in the bra bank in the library and they will be whisked away to Africa where this is a short supply of affordable bras. “Against breast cancer” will receive a donation based on the weight of bras we collect – so every bra counts!
- Diary to record community events
- Free internet access
- Music CDs
- Online library catalogue
- Newspapers and magazines
- Photocopier (colour/black and white)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Area for small exhibitions and lockable display cabinet available for community use
- Wi-Fi - free access to the internet. Available 24/7 after initial registration
- Coffee Machine
- Tourist information
- Public toilets including disabled and changing toilet