- Haddington Library
- The John Gray Centre, Lodge Street, Haddington, East Lothian
- EH41 3DX
- [email protected]
- 01620 820680
- Opening Times
From Saturday 21 March 2020 all our Libraries will close to members of the public. We will keep you updated with further news.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
Please note that all library events, clubs and activities have been suspended until further notice.
- Bookbug sessions ( for under 5's)- every Wednesday at 10.30am and 11.15am.
- Cancer Tapestry- every second sunday, 1-4pm. Join us to add a few more stitches to the panel of tapestry
- Chatterbooks Junior book group ( for 8-12 year olds) - every second Thursday of the month from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Code Club - ( for 8-12 year olds) - every Thursday 3.45 - 4.45pm.
- Evening book group - third Tuesday of the month, 6pm - 7pm
- Good memories cafe (for those affected by Dementia)- last Friday of the month from 2.00pm - 4.00pm in the Star Room.
- Haddington Active Memories group (aimed at men over 60) - every Tuesday morning from 10am- 12 noon.
- Haddington Computer Club ( Beginner friendly and everyone welcome ) - every Monday 10-12 noon. No need to book ( run by Citizens Advice Bureau)
- Homework club (for 8 to 12 year olds)- every Wednesday from 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Learn computer basic (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)- available online on demand
- Lego club ( all ages) - every Saturday from 10.30am-11.30am ( children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult) Please note that this has been temporarily cancelled.
- Made in Haddington (sewing, knitting, embroidery, jewellery making, etc) - every Friday from 10.00am - 12 noon .
- Science Club ( for 8-12 year olds) - every Tuesday 4pm - 5pm, £2 per session or £10 for the block of five. Contact the library to book your place. Currently taking names for the waiting list and will restart in February.
- Tapestry Workshop - every fortnight on a Sunday afternoon 1.30-3.30pm
- Tyne and Esk Writers group - alternate Tuesdays at 7 pm (meeting in the Town House, Haddington)
- Tyne and Esk Poetry group - first Tuesday of the month 2pm - 4 pm in the Star Room.
- Walk and Talk Book Group- first Wednesday of the month. Meet in the library between 10-10.15am, return to library anytime between 11-11.30am for a book chat and tea/coffee.
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Facilities and Services
- Area for exhibitions
- Baby changing facilities
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Coffee/tea machine
- Disabled access and toilet (including changing facilities)
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Newspapers and magazines
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Star Room with kitchen available for hire