- Haddington Library
- The John Gray Centre, Lodge Street, Haddington, East Lothian
- EH41 3DX
- 01620 827 827
- Opening Times
Haddington Library is now reopen for browsing, click and collect and PC sessions.
Hearing Aid batteries and waste container covers will also be given out from these facilities.
Customers should make an appointment for a PC session by telephone or email.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Saturday 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Click and Collect Service
Borrowers are able to order specific titles or a selection of items up to a maximum of 6 per person and collect them from the library. When an order is placed, you will be asked to choose a day and time that is convenient to you for collection. Unless you hear back from us, you will need to visit the library during this time and we will provide you with your items. Use the Click and Collect service
Contact details for Haddington Library:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: call East Lothian Council on 01620 827827 and ask for Haddington Library
Apply or renew online at Gov.uk. If you need assistance to apply for or renew a Blue Badge please telephone 0131 6535220 to make a telephone appointment with one of our staff.
Haddington will offer face to face Blue Badge support from 17 May.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
Please note that all library events, clubs and activities have been suspended until further notice. Bookbug sessions, children and teen book recommendations, Lego, science and craft ideas can all be found on our weekly activity programme on our Facebook page.
- Bookbug sessions ( for under 5's)- every Wednesday at 10.30am and 11.15am.
- Cancer Tapestry- every second sunday, 1-4pm. Join us to add a few more stitches to the panel of tapestry
- Chatterbooks Junior book group ( for 8-12 year olds) - every second Thursday of the month from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Code Club - ( for 8-12 year olds) - every Thursday 3.45 - 4.45pm.
- Evening book group - third Tuesday of the month, 6pm - 7pm
- Good memories cafe (for those affected by Dementia)- last Friday of the month from 2.00pm - 4.00pm in the Star Room.
- Haddington Active Memories group (aimed at men over 60) - every Tuesday morning from 10am- 12 noon.
- Haddington Computer Club ( Beginner friendly and everyone welcome ) - every Monday 10-12 noon. No need to book ( run by Citizens Advice Bureau)
- Homework club (for 8 to 12 year olds)- every Wednesday from 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Learn computer basic (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)- available online on demand
- Lego club ( all ages) - every Saturday from 10.30am-11.30am ( children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Made in Haddington (sewing, knitting, embroidery, jewellery making, etc) - every Friday from 10.00am - 12 noon .
- Science Club ( for 8-12 year olds) - every Tuesday 4pm - 5pm, £2 per session or £10 for the block of five. Contact the library to book your place. Currently taking names for the waiting list and will restart in February.
- Tapestry Workshop - every fortnight on a Sunday afternoon 1.30-3.30pm
- Tyne and Esk Writers group - alternate Tuesdays at 7 pm (meeting in the Town House, Haddington)
- Tyne and Esk Poetry group - first Tuesday of the month 2pm - 4 pm in the Star Room.
- Walk and Talk Book Group- first Wednesday of the month. Meet in the library between 10-10.15am, return to library anytime between 11-11.30am for a book chat and tea/coffee.
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Facilities and Services
- Area for exhibitions
- Baby changing facilities
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Coffee/tea machine
- Disabled access and toilet (including changing facilities)
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Newspapers and magazines
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Star Room with kitchen available for hire