Local libraries in East Lothian
|Monday||2.00pm - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||10.00am - 1.00pm||2.00pm - 6.00pm|
|Wednesday||2.30pm - 7.30pm|
|Thursday||2.30pm - 7.30pm|
10.00am - 5.00pm
|Saturday||10.00am - 1.00pm|
New in Stock
Bookbug sessions, fantastic free story, song and rhyme sessions for babies, toddlers, pre-school children and their families, take place every Friday at 10.30am
Storytime for tots on the first Tuesday of every month at 10.30am
- Children's Story Time for age 3-7 year olds is held on the first Friday of each month at 3pm and every second Saturday of the month at 10.30am (Saturday Stories)
- There is a new Book Group for 9-11 year olds, on alternate Saturdays with the Saturday story sessions (please contact the library for further details)
- Teen Book group meets on the last Tuesday of each month at 5pm
- Knit and Natter, knitting group, every Tuesday, 11.00am. All welcome for chat, knitting, even tea and biscuits! It is hoped the group will start off by taking part in "Follow the herring" by knitting fish for the exhibition in the Brunton in May.
- Book Group meets in the library on the first Wednesday of each month at 6.30pm. New members are always welcome
- First click computer taster sessions or iPad learner sessions available on demand
- Homework club every Tuesday at 3.30pm. Please ask in the library for more details
From now until the end of August we have a display of WW1 memorabilia borrowed from some of our readers, including a collection of postcards sent by a serving soldier to his family; some artefacts and artefacts There will also be a range of books covering the Great War.
Wealth of Reading Why don’t you borrow one of our special collection books celebrating the Commonwealth, write a few comments about the book and have a chance of winning a tablet! The books are either written by authors from the Commonwealth or the stories are set in one of the countries. The display will run until 30th September.
This year’s Summer Reading Challenge, Mythical Maze is here! This is for children age 5 – 12 years. We ask you to read six books over the summer holiday and reward you along the way as you take the challenge. Children will be introduced to fantastical creatures from the world of legend and mythology, collecting stickers of each character and other incentives along the way. Children completing the Challenge receive a certificate and a special Mythical Maze Medal. Sign up now!
There’s a lot of Magic about in Longniddry Library! If you are age 7 or over why don’t you come along and join us, you may not be able to make yourself disappear but you will learn a new trick or two!! Telephone 01875 818160 to book your space. Tickets £2.50. Tuesday 22nd July 11am
Mythical Creatures are taking over our Library!! 10 of them are lurching in dark corners can you find them? Come and find all 10 and you will be entered into our competition, just ask for an entry form.
30 things to do before you’re 3 (and a wee bit)
Bookbug challenges you to have fun this summer! Pick something from the Play Talk Read list at http://playtalkread.org/ideas/184-30-things-to-do-before-you-are-3 and photograph your child taking part. Email your photographs to email@example.com and each week we will pick our favourite to win a prize. Babies and children from across East Lothian are invited to take part as long as they aren’t about to start school in August as this is a challenge for those not yet old enough to take part in Mythical Maze.
- Baby changing facilities
- Cafe (in the Community Centre)
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilet
- Display case for use by community groups and individuals
- Exhibition space
- Free internet access
- Music CDs
- Newspapers and magazines
- Online library catalogue
- Photocopier (colour/black and white)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Study space
- Wi-Fi access - free
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book