School term dates
- Current year - School term dates 2016/2017
- Next year - School term dates 2017/2018
- Last year - School term dates 2015/2016
Your school's opening and closing times
You should contact your school or consult your school's handbook for daily opening and closing times, as these vary from school to school.
If you don't already have a handbook, please ask your school for one.
We try our best to make our holiday dates coincide with those of other local authorities (e.g. Edinburgh City Council), but this is not always possible.
More information about school holidays can be found in:
- your school handbook
- your school's newsletters
How we set session dates
When we plan the school session dates, we have to ensure that:
- there are 190 pupil and 195 staff days, in accordance with the Schools General (Scotland) Regulations 1975 (as amended)
- there is a fixed one-week break in the third week of October
- the school session ends before the first full week of July
- there are five fixed in-service days for teaching staff
- there is flexibility with the Easter break to allow for a natural end to Term Two.