- Dunbar Library
Bleachingfield Centre, Countess Road,
Dunbar, East Lothian
- EH42 1DX
- [email protected]
- 01620 827827
- Opening Times
From Saturday 21 March 2020 all our Libraries will close to members of the public. We will keep you updated with further news.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
Please note that all library events, clubs and activities have been suspended until further notice.
- Bookbug sessions - ( for under 5's) every Wednesday at 9 am and 10am during term time.
- Bookbug session at the Day Centre- Intergenerational Bookbug session every third Wednesday of the month at 11am. Meet at the library or at the Day Centre, Westgate, Dunbar.
- Book group - every second Monday of the month at 7.30pm
- Cancer Support Group- first Saturday of the month from 11am - 12.30pm
- Craft group - every Thursday from 10.00am - 12 noon (Knitting, sewing, embroidery, needlepoint, quilting, crochet)
- Dementia Carers' Support Group - every Thursday from 2.30pm - 3.30pm.
- Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) - every Thursday from 9.30am - 12 noon (Universal Credit clients)
- Dunbar Computer Club ( Beginner friendly and everyone welcome ) - every Monday 2pm - 4pm. No need to book ( run by Citizens Advice Bureau)
- Lego Club - -every Friday at 2:30pm-3:30pm.Please note that this has been temporarily cancelled
- Online Help for Jobseekers - every Thursday from 10am - 12 noon, (needs to be booked in advance)
- Singalong Session - (uplifting music and tea for older people) - every Tuesday from 1.30pm - 3.30pm.
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
Lego Club- We are hoping to start a lego club on a Saturday morning, however this is to be confirmed.
Dunbar library has a lovely exhibition of quilts made by local volunteers involved in Project Linus. This exhibition will be on during January.
- Facilities and Services
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Cancer Support Book Display plus leaflets
- Dementia - Book Display and information leaflets
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access and toilet
- Display and exhibition area- display boards can be pre-booked by local groups
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Dyslexia - Book Display and information leaflets
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Healthy Reading Collection
- Meeting room (available to hire)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Study space
- Tourist information