- Dunbar Library
Bleachingfield Centre, Countess Road,
Dunbar, East Lothian
- EH42 1DX
- [email protected]
- 01620 827827
- Opening Times
Dunbar Library is open for click and collect and home delivery services.
Hearing Aid batteries and waste container covers will also be given out from these facilities.
Blue Badge renewals can also be made, please contact one of the open branches for assistance.
Customers should make an appointment by telephone or email.
Monday to Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Click and Collect Service
Borrowers are able to order specific titles or a selection of items up to a maximum of 6 per person and collect them from the library.
There are a number of ways to place your requests:
- by email: [email protected]
- by telephone: call ELC switch board – 01620827827 and ask for Dunbar Library
When an order is placed, you will be asked to choose a day and time that is convenient to you for collection. Unless you hear back from us, you will need to visit the library during this time and we will provide you with your items.
If you are not a library member or don’t have access to the internet, please telephone Dunbar Library on 01620 827827 (ask for Dunbar library) and a member of staff will assist you..
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
Please note that all library events, clubs and activities have been suspended until further notice. Bookbug sessions, children and teen book recommendations, Lego, science and craft ideas can all be found on our weekly activity programme on our Facebook page.
- Bookbug sessions - ( for under 5's) every Wednesday at 9 am and 10am during term time.
- Bookbug session at the Day Centre- Intergenerational Bookbug session every third Wednesday of the month at 11am. Meet at the library or at the Day Centre, Westgate, Dunbar.
- Book group - every second Monday of the month at 7.30pm
- Cancer Support Group- first Saturday of the month from 11am - 12.30pm
- Craft group - every Thursday from 10.00am - 12 noon (Knitting, sewing, embroidery, needlepoint, quilting, crochet)
- Dementia Carers' Support Group - every Thursday from 2.30pm - 3.30pm.
- Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) - every Thursday from 9.30am - 12 noon (Universal Credit clients)
- Dunbar Computer Club ( Beginner friendly and everyone welcome ) - every Monday 2pm - 4pm. No need to book ( run by Citizens Advice Bureau)
- Lego Club - -every Friday at 2:30pm-3:30pm.Please note that this has been temporarily cancelled
- Online Help for Jobseekers - every Thursday from 10am - 12 noon, (needs to be booked in advance)
- Singalong Session - (uplifting music and tea for older people) - every Tuesday from 1.30pm - 3.30pm.
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
Lego Club- We are hoping to start a lego club on a Saturday morning, however this is to be confirmed.
Dunbar library has a lovely exhibition of quilts made by local volunteers involved in Project Linus. This exhibition will be on during January.
- Facilities and Services
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Cancer Support Book Display plus leaflets
- Dementia - Book Display and information leaflets
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access and toilet
- Display and exhibition area- display boards can be pre-booked by local groups
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Dyslexia - Book Display and information leaflets
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Healthy Reading Collection
- Meeting room (available to hire)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Study space
- Tourist information