- Dunbar Library
Bleachingfield Centre, Countess Road,
Dunbar, East Lothian
- EH42 1DX
- 01620 827827
- Opening Times
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
Click and Collect Service
Borrowers are able to order specific titles or a selection of items up to a maximum of 6 per person and collect them from the library. Complete the click and collect form or contact the library direct on:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: call East Lothian Council on 01620 827827 and ask for Dunbar Library
Use the Click and Collect Service
Apply or renew online at Gov.uk. If you need assistance to apply for or renew a Blue Badge please telephone 01620 827827 ( ask for Dunbar Library) to make an appointment with one of our staff.
- Warm Spaces, Friendly Faces
- Cosy seating area, hot drinks available, charging sockets, free menstrual products, newspaper, free O2 Wifi, food bank drop-off, laptop space, jigsaws and puzzles
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
- Bookbug sessions - ( for under 5's) Mondays at 9:15am and Wednesdays at 10:00am. Booking essential.
- Cancer Support Group- first Saturday of the month from 11:00am to 12:30pm
- Craft group - every Thursday from 10:00am to 12 noon (Knitting, sewing, embroidery, needlepoint, quilting, crochet)
- Dementia Carers' Support Group - every Thursday from 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
- Games Club - every Tuesday from 3:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Kids Knitting Group - every Wednesday from 3:30pm to 4:30pm. Booking essential.
- Lego Club - Friday 2:30pm to 3:30pm (under 8s must be accompanied by an adult).
- Manga Club - last Saturday of the month from 11:00am to 12:00pm ( for ages 10+, an adult will need to attend with you at your first sesion)
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
- Facilities and Services
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Cancer Support Display plus leaflets
- Click and Collect Service
- Dementia Book Display and information leaflets
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access and toilet
- Display and exhibition area- display boards can be pre-booked by local groups
- Doggy Bags
- Dyslexia - Book display and information leaflets
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Health Reading Collection
- Home Library Service
- Meeting room (available to hire)
- Near Me Appointment Area
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Study space
- Tourist information