- Prestonpans Library
- West Loan, Prestonpans, East Lothian
- EH32 9NX
- prestonpans[email protected]
- 01875 818150
- Opening Times
Monday: 9.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Tuesday: 9.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Wednesday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Thursday: 9.00am 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 7.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Christmas Closures: Please note that the library will close at 4pm on Tuesday 24 December 2019 (payment desk will close at 12 noon) and reopen on Friday 3rd January 2020 at 9am.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
- Bookbug sessions ( for under 5's)- every Thursday at 10.30am and every Saturday at 10.30am.
- Code Club - ( for children 8 years and over)- every friday at 2:30pm.
- DWP Universal Credit Drop In Surgeries - every Thursday from 2pm - 4.30pm
- Knit-wits - every Friday at 10.30am
- Lego Club ( all ages) - every Friday at 2.30pm-3.30pm. (Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.)
- Learn computer basics - available online on demand (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)
- Pans Pals ( group for people over 60's) - Fortnightly on a Wednesday 10.30am - 12 noon
- Rent Team Drop in every Thursday from 2pm-4pm.
- Smoking Cessation Group - every Thursday from 5 pm - 7 pm
- Welfare Rights Surgeries - First and Third Thursday of the month
Please contact the library for more information and to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
We are looking to start a project club on Thursdays after school to help children working on school projects. Details still to be confirmed.
- Facilities and Services
- Benefits/ Universal credit enquiries
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Bookings for Prestonpans Town Hall
- Coastal car parking payments
- Council tax enquiries
- Disabled access and toilet
- Display and exhibition area- display boards can be pre-booked by local groups
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Freephone for accessing other Council services
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Meeting room (available to hire)
- Payments (e.g. council tax, council house rent)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Rent income enquiries
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Stamping Station for John Muir Way Passports
- Study space
- Tourist information
- Waste service enquiries