- Tranent Library
- The George Johnstone Centre, 35 Winton Place, Tranent, East Lothian
- EH33 1AE
- 01875 824150
- Opening Times
Monday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Tuesday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday: 9.00am - 7.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
The library will be closed from Friday 19th April through to Monday 22nd April inclusive. Normal Service will resume on Tuesday 23rd April.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
- Adult Colouring In- every Wednesday at 3pm- 4pm.
- Bookbug sessions ( under 5's) - every Friday at 11.00am
- Bookbug sessions (private nurseries/childminders/playgroups) - every Tuesday at 10am. If groups are interested in attending then please contact the library.
- LEGO Club ( for ages 8+) - every Thursday from 3.30pm-5pm. Drop-in. (children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Learn computer basics - available online on demand (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)
- Saturday Crafts- ( ages 5-12) - every Saturday at 11am- 12noon. Free. (Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult)
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
We are going to be holding a photo exhibition starting 27th May celebrating Tranent Gala through the ages. We are looking for photos of past galas, any welcome. Contact the library for more information.
On 5th June, there will be a Teddy Bears picnic for Tranent Gala and this year its a multi-generational one. It will be held in the garden of Crookston Care Home, weather permitting. Exact time to be confirmed but it will be in the morning.
- Facilities and Services
- Baby changing facilities
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Coffee/hot drinks machine
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access and toilets
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library (Foodbank collection point)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Room available for hire
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Tourist information
- Free sanitary products in the staff and public toilets donated by 'Hey Girls' campaign.