- Tranent Library
- The George Johnstone Centre, 35 Winton Place, Tranent, East Lothian
- EH33 1AE
- [email protected]
- 01875 824150
- Opening Times
From Saturday 21 March 2020 all our Libraries will close to members of the public. We will keep you updated with further news.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
Please note that all library events, clubs and activities have been suspended until further notice.
- Adult Colouring In - every Wednesday at 2pm-4pm.
- Bookbug sessions ( under 5's) - every Friday at 11.00am
- Bookbug sessions (private nurseries/childminders/playgroups) - every Tuesday at 10am. If groups are interested in attending then please contact the library.
- Games Club - every Monday 10.30am-11.30am for Dominoes and other games.
- Knitting, Crochet and Embroidery session - Every Monday from 2pm-4pm. Bring your own materials.
- LEGO Club ( for ages 8+) - every Thursday from 3.30pm-5pm. Drop-in. (children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult).Please note that this has been temporarily cancelled
- Learn computer basics - available online on demand (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)
- Saturday Crafts - ( ages 5-12) - every Saturday at 11am- 12noon. Free. (Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult)
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
- Facilities and Services
- Baby changing facilities
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Coffee/hot drinks machine
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access and toilets
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library (Foodbank collection point)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Room available for hire
- Tourist information
- Free sanitary products in the staff and public toilets donated by 'Hey Girls' campaign.