- Tranent Library
- The George Johnstone Centre, 35 Winton Place, Tranent, East Lothian
- EH33 1AE
- 01620 827 827
- Opening Times
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Click and Collect Service
Borrowers are able to order specific titles or a selection of items up to a maximum of 6 per person and collect them from the library. Complete the click and collect form or contact the library direct on:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: call East Lothian Council on 01620 827827 and ask for Tranent Library
Apply or renew online at Gov.uk. If you need assistance to apply for or renew a Blue Badge please telephone 01620 827827 ( ask for Tranent Library) to make an appointment with one of our staff.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
- Adult Colouring In - every Tuesday at 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Bookbug sessions ( under 5's) - every Monday at 10:00am and every Thuersday at 11:00am.
- Knitting and Crochet group - every Monday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm, please bring your own materials
- Lego Club - every Thursday from 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Play Jam - open play sessions led by East Lothian Play Association every Wednesday from 2:00pm to 4:45pm
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
- Facilities and Services
- Baby changing facilities
- Boardmaker Communication Software
- Click and Collect Service
- Coffee/hot drinks machine
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access and toilets
- Doggy Bags
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library (Foodbank collection point)
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Room available for hire
- Tourist information
- Free sanitary products in the staff and public toilets donated by 'Hey Girls' campaign.