- Tranent Library
- The George Johnstone Centre, 35 Winton Place, Tranent, East Lothian
- EH33 1AE
- 01875 824150
- Opening Times
Monday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Tuesday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday: 9.00am - 7.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Office closure- On Wednesday 27th February 2019, the Customer Service Staff within the local area offices, branch libraries, Library HQ and the Museums will be having a day for planning of services and staff development. This means that there will be no staff reception areas within the Brunton Hall, Musselburgh, or Court Street Reception, John Muir House.
George Johnstone Centre in Tranent, John Gray Centre in Haddington, Library and Museum HQ in Haddington and all Branch libraries and Museums will be closed to the public with the exception of the John Muir's Birthplace in Dunbar which will remain open. The main reception in John Muir House, Haddington will be staffed.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused because of this day closure. If you need assistance on the day, please call 01620 827827 and ask for the appropriate service.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
- Bookbug sessions - every Friday at 11.00am
- Bookbug sessions (private nurseries) - every Tuesday at 10.00am
- Learn computer basics - available online on demand (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)
- LEGO Club - every Thursday from 3.30pm-5pm. Drop-in sessions for ages 8+ (under 8s must bring an adult).
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Coming Up
E-resource roadshow on Thursday 7th March 2019, drop in between 10am- 12 noon to find out about what eResources are available.
- Facilities and Services
- Baby changing facilities
- Coffee/hot drinks machine
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access and toilets
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library (Foodbank collection point)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Room available for hire
- Self-service machine - don't wait in a queue, scan and stamp your own books!
- Tourist information