1. Gas Leaks
If you suspect that there is a gas leak in your property, report it immediately to the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. You must report any gas leaks to us as well.
2. Emergency repairs information
In an emergency call: 01875 612818
When you phone us to report an emergency repair a member of our Contact Centre will give you advice to help you eliminate or reduce any risk of danger.
Some emergency repairs are available to all tenants 24 hours a day, every day of the year. We try to respond to these within 4 hours of reporting.
Emergency Repairs will be done outwith working hours if the fault:
- presents a serious risk of injury or death to you, your household or the public at large
- presents a serious risk to the structure of the property if not resolved immediately
- has resulted in the property being immediately insecure
- could place a vulnerable tenant's health or security at risk
Our priority is to make the situation safe or carry out a temporary repair. If further work is needed, we will arrange a follow-up visit during normal working hours.
3. Reporting a non-emergency repair
To request a non-emergency repair, ask about the progress of a repair or seek advice about repairs to your council house telephone: 01875 824311 or email us. This inbox is only monitored during office hours.
What will the council repair?
4. Tenants who need assistance
Tenants in need of assistance Some tenants are entitled to speedier repairs, and assistance with organising them. You may qualify if you are:
- a disabled person who uses a wheelchair or walking frame
- have an advanced terminal illness
- use medical equipment such as ventilators or kidney dialysis machines
- have mental health problems or learning difficulties
- a tenant whose first language is not English
We will only arrange this if the reported fault has a negative effect on your condition. We may also offer extra assistance, such as accompanied visits or arranging an interpreter, or other special arrangements that will meet your needs and be appropriate for the repair.