Our Council Tax team is extremely busy at the moment - please bear with us
- if you have contacted the team and are waiting for a reply - be patient, we will be in touch as soon as we can
- don't ask for a progress update - this generates additional work and may delay your original enquiry
- please provide us with all the information we need so we can deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible - if you don't complete the right form we may need to come back to you for more information and this may delay your request
Tell us about a change of address
- moving into East Lothian
- moving out of East Lothian
- moving within East Lothian
- landlord reporting a change
Reduce your council tax bill
- Council Tax reduction (this was called Council Tax benefit)
Apply for a discount or exemption
- carer (provides or receives care or support for another person who resides in the property and is providing care for at least 35 hours per week)
- providing or receiving care (leaves their home to provide or receive care either in a hospital, home or elsewhere, for example supported accommodation)
- disabled person
- empty property reductions
- major structural repairs
- single occupancy
Discount and exemption review forms
Tell us about a change in circumstances
Paying your Council Tax
Download a form
To apply for any of the following reductions, download and print an application form:
You can't apply online, as these forms must be verified by a third party.
Contact the Council Tax team
If you can't find the information you are looking for or can't find the right form to report your circumstances, use our general enquiry form.
Important information - cost of living
With the cost of living increasing, many people are finding it difficult to cover essential daily living costs.
A range of measures are available to help people boost their income. Don't assume you're receiving everything you're entitled to, always check, and if you're still struggling or in doubt, get in touch.