We use several social media accounts and tools to help you keep in touch with news, information and activities from the council.
Main council accounts
Get updates from across council services - the latest news, service information and re-tweets from organisations with helpful or useful information.
- Twitter - @ELCouncil
- Facebook - @EastLothianCouncil
- YouTube - East Lothian Council
- LinkedIn - East Lothian Council
- Instagram - @eastlothiancouncil
Visit East Lothian
"All the best of Scotland from golden beaches to superb golf right next to Edinburgh."
- Twitter - @goeastlothian
- Facebook - @VisitEastLothian
- YouTube - visiteastlothian
- Instagram - @goeastlothian
- Pinterest - Visit East Lothian
"We welcome residents of East Lothian and visitors to all their branches. With free internet access, DVD hire and a wide selection of books, CDs and so much more there has never been a better time to explore your local library."
"Our role is to protect East Lothian’s biodiversity and to promote sustainable management, responsible use, enjoyment and awareness of an accessible countryside."
- Twitter - @ELCrangers
- Facebook - East Lothian Countryside Ranger Service
- Instagram - elcrangers
- Youtube - East Lothian Countryside Rangers
Active East Lothian
"Your one stop shop for sport and activity in East Lothian."
"The Brunton offers the best in quality music, theatre, dance and film all year round."
East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership
"Best health, best care, best value for our communities"
- Twitter - @ELHSCP
- Facebook - @ELSCHP
- Instagram - @eastlothianhscp
- Youtube - East Lothian Health and Social Partnership
Biz East Lothian
"We promote and supports local businesses. Follow us for the latest news and information. Feel free to introduce your business on the wall."
ELC Museums Service
"East Lothian Council Museums Service manages four museums in venues spread across picturesque East Lothian."
Social media rules and guidelines
Each social media channel has its own set of rules, which we always follow. We reserve the right to remove any posts that break those rules or posts that:
- are libellous, defamatory, harassing or unlawful
- are abusive, threatening, harmful or racially offensive
- are obscene, tasteless or of a sexual nature
- are irrelevant
- contain swearing
- are spam
- show your or anyone else's personal information such as contact details
- advertise products or services
- impersonate someone else
If you break these rules we may block or unfollow you.