In response to a survey conducted with our Mobile Library users to gather ideas and opinions on how we can provide alternative library access to those without the use of a vehicle, the following action has been taken.
Live Borders Libraries & Archivesand Midlothian Council Libraries will be providing a Mobile Library Service in the following areas which you will be able to use.
Live Borders Libraries & Archives
This service will be provided every 3 weeks, beginning Monday 16th May.
- Oldhamstocks - Main Road 1:30pm - 2pm
- Innerwick - Kirk Brae 2:10pm - 2:45pm
Midlothian Council Libraries
This service will be provided every 2 weeks. Week 1 begins Friday 4th January and Week 2 begins 10th January 2019.
- Humbie - Opposite Village Shop 10:50am - 12:30pm
- Whitecraig - Whitecraig Crescent 9:30am - 10am
- Wallyford- Community Centre 10.05am-10.45am
- Macmerry - Main Road 11.00am - 12:30pm
- Pencaitland - The Green 1.20pm - 2:50pm
- East Saltoun - Main Street 3.00pm - 3:30pm
- Gifford - The Square 11:00am - 12:15pm
Using the New Mobile Library Service
When you use the Mobile Library Service you will be treated as a member of either Live Borders Libraries & Archives or Midlothian Council Library Service and will be subject to their rules and regulations. You can continue to also be a member of East Lothian Council Library Service, but items borrowed from any East Lothian Library cannot be returned to the mobile library.
If you are not an existing member and would like to use this new service, please supply one form of identification such as a driving licence, birth certificate or passport, and a document detailing your current address such as a utility bill or bank statement. You can join at the Mobile Library, one of our branches or contact East Lothian Libraries on 01620 820600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org