Please note that due to ongoing restrictions, places are limited and sessions must be booked in advance through the library either by phone or in person. Join us on our Facebook page on Saturdays at 10.30am for fun with Bookbug from home.
What are they?
Free, friendly, fun sessions of rhymes and stories for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and their families and carers to enjoy together. Each session lasts around 30 minutes and has been designed to support children’s development while having fun. They take place in a very relaxed environment and are a great opportunity to spend some quality time with your little one, and meet other families.
All sessions must be booked in advance and places are limited to meet current restrictions. Sessions will take place outdoors where the weather allows. Certain venues have the option of moving indoors if necessary while others are unable to do so due to capacity.
Rhymes and songs help your baby’s language skills and are great building blocks for your baby’s future learning. Sharing time singing with your babies, toddlers and preschoolers is a fantastic way to have fun together. And it’s a great place to meet other families. Come along and join in the fun.
Where and when?
- Dunbar: every Wednesday at 10am outside the library
- Haddington: every Wednesday 10:30am at St Mary's Pleasance Garden
- Longniddry: every Friday 11am at Longniddry Community Centre
- Musselburgh: every Thursday at 10.30am in the library garden
- North Berwick: every Wednesday at 10:30am in the Lodge Grounds
- Port Seton: every Friday at 11am at the Port Seton Centre
- Prestonpans: Mondays at 9:15am in the library garden
- Tranent: alternate Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9.15am in Sandersons Wynd playing fields