Starting and growing a business
Our East Lothian Business Gateway service delivers free specialist advisory support to individuals looking to set up in business and newly formed and existing businesses looking to grow and develop.
Our experienced and expert business advisers can offer help and assistance including:
- advice on developing a business plan
- understand business finance and cash flows
- find new ways to market or expand your business
- access workshops, seminars and webinars to develop or improve business skills
- source business funding to help start or grow your business
- find business property or land for development
- exporting and accessing new markets
Contact 01620 827870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
East Lothian businesses can access free one to one expert help in the following topics:
- business strategy
- website and digital development
- importing and exporting
- leadership development and team coaching
- innovation and new product development (NPD)
- public sector procurement
- HR and employing staff
- energy efficiency and the transition to net zero
- financial planning and forecasting
- product packaging
- marketing strategy
Workshops, Seminars & Events
We deliver a varied programme of fully funding workshops including start up sessions and skills events. Topics include sales, finance, accounting, e-commerce and many more delivered by specialist experts. These events also present the opportunity for you to meet and network with other local business owners.
If you're passionate about childcare and eager to be your own boss, then come along to our first Childminder Drop-in Session on Wednesday 24 January, 2024.
Find Business Support
FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot directs your business to Scotland's public sector support. It gives customers an overview of all services and funding offered by public sector organisations across Scotland. This makes it quicker and easier for businesses to find the information, advice and support they need, when they need it.
Information is available for businesses of all sizes - from start ups to established companies, from sole traders to larger enterprises, from commercial businesses to social enterprises.