Our 'ELC' values
Our ‘ELC’ values are:
- ENABLING and encouraging everyone we work with to be able to achieve their full potential
- LEADING by example and taking responsibility to improve ourselves and our services
- CARING for each other, our community and the work that we do
Valuing our people
We value individuality - with an open and inclusive working culture where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves.
We focus on maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment where we respect people’s differences.
We’re committed to engaging, enabling and energising our people by creating opportunities for all, helping them to realise their full potential, supporting wellbeing and rewarding high performance.
We know there’s a lot more to life beyond work.
A variety of flexible working options to support a positive work/life balance:
Generous holiday entitlement
- up to 39 days annual leave
Flexible working options (post dependent)
- home / hybrid working
- compressed hours
- term time hours
- flexible start and finish times
- flexi scheme (take up to two accrued days off in a month)
Family friendly policies
- maternity / paternity / adoption leave
- special leave (to attend medical appointments or care for an ill dependent)
Local Government Pension Fund
- defined benefit career average pension scheme
- pay a percentage of your salary in and we contribute an additional 22%
Save money on tax, national insurance and pension:
- Cycle to Work scheme
- car leasing scheme
- Shared Cost AVC (increase your pension savings for a lump sum at retirement)
- coming soon: home electronics
Generous sick pay allowance: following 26 weeks service the Occupational Sick Pay scheme provides for 5 weeks full pay and 5 weeks half pay rising to 26 weeks full pay and 26 weeks half pay dependent on length of service.
Health and wellbeing
Our well-established Healthy Working Lives programme offers employees access to a range of mental health and physical wellbeing support, including:
- occupational health service
- independent counselling services
- physiotherapy service
- employee assistance programme
- East Lothian sports centres discount
- massage and podiatry services - at discounted rates
- Listening Ears – employees trained to support other employees and listen to anything that is worrying them