The Employee Charter is an informal agreement between you and the council as your employer to recognise the part we all play in continuing to make East Lothian a better place to live, work and do business.
The Charter sets out eight commitments from the council as your employer, to care for you and support you to learn and grow. These commitments are matched by nine commitments for council staff, to make sure you achieve your full potential and take pride in working for the council.
- provide strong, honest and visible leadership
- strive to be an employer of choice
- recognise your commitment, dedication and hard work
- care for your health, safety and wellbeing
- listen to you and your views
- enable and encourage you to initiate and embrace change and put ideas into action
- offer opportunities for you to learn and grow
- motivate and support you to be the best you can be
- take pride in working for East Lothian Council, its citizens and communities
- work to achieve my full potential
- listen respectfully and be honest and trusting with colleagues, clients and customers
- care for my health, safety and wellbeing
- be the best I can be
- initiate and embrace change
- be customer focused
- make things happen
With a range of diverse roles on offer, it’s an exciting time to be joining East Lothian Council. Interested? We look forward to receiving your application.