What is a Journey Hub?
East Lothian is taking a joined-up approach to public and sustainable transport, and working to create high-profile locations across the county which provide public, shared and active travel options alongside other facilities. We call these Journey Hubs.
- Wallyford (Large interchange linking train services with local buses, parking and charging. E-bike hire coming in 2023)
- Brunton Hall (Town cente hub, with buses, e-bike hire, car club hire, taxis and car charging. Bike shop and parcel collection nearby)
- Tranent South (Suburban hub with local bus services and demand-responsive-transport. Car charging and E-bike hire coming soon)
- Eskmills (Business park with E-bike hire and car charging. Car club vehicles coming soon)
- Pencaitland (Village hub at Pencaitland Bowling Club. Local buses, car charging and community-run bike hire scheme)
Additionally, East Lothian's eight rail stations also function as interchanges to other modes:
- Wallyford (as above)
- North Berwick
- East Linton (coming soon)