The Community Safety Team investigates all aspects of anti-social behaviour.

If you are affected by antisocial noise or other antisocial behaviour in normal working hours, contact the East Lothian Council antisocial behaviour helpline on 01875 824307.

Where domestic noise is affecting you outwith office hours, please contact the police:

  •  Call the 101 non emergency number.

Noise from commercial properties, including pubs and hotels

Where noise affecting the way you live comes from commercial properties (pubs, clubs etc), we can investigate to see if:

  • statutory nuisance exists
  • there has been a breach of licensing conditions
  • if any enforcement is appropriate.

You will need to tell us:

  • the source of the noise
  • the nature and frequency of it
  • how it affects the way you live. 

Report antisocial behaviour