Independent Advocacy is a way to help people have more influence and as much control as possible over their own lives.
Many people sometimes feel that they would like support to make sure their views are heard - especially when it comes to important decisions about them and their future. Independent Advocacy is a way to help people have a stronger voice and help make sure your views and opinions are heard. To find out more about Independent Advocacy, please vist the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance website.
There are several independent advocacy organisations in East Lothian who provide a free and confidential services that aims to help people to speak for themselves, express their views and enforce their rights.
Partners in Advocacy
Partners in Advocacy provide independent individual advocacy for adults with learning disabilities in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian. They also provide independent individual advocacy for older people and adults with physical disabilities in Edinburgh. Partners in Advocacy also provide independent advocacy for children and young people with additional support needs in Edinburgh and the Lothians.
Call 0131 478 7723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
G1 Links House, 15 Links Place, Edinburgh EH6 7EZ.
CAPS Independent Advocacy
CAPS is an Independent Advocacy Organisation which provides Individual Advocacy for:
- people from East Lothian and Midlothian who have mental health issues or are using drugs and alcohol.
- children and young people going through the Children’s Hearings process in East Lothian and Midlothian.
- adults, children and young people experiencing Eating Disorders who live anywhere in Lothian.
We additionally provide Collective Advocacy to groups of people across Lothian with mental health issues, and to Veterans across Scotland, so they can come together and voice their experiences in order to bring about change for others or improvements in services.
The main purpose of CAPS’ work is to assist people, through advocacy, as individuals or as members of a group, to set their own agenda, make their wishes known and to have a say in how they live and what services they use.
Individual Advocacy for Adults : 0131 273 5118 email@example.com
Individual Advocacy for Children: 0131 273 5236 firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Stables, Eskmills Park, Station Road, Musselburgh, East Lothian EH21 7PQ.
EARS Independent Advocacy Service (SCIO)
We provide independent advocacy to:
- Older people (65+) in East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian
- Adults (16+) with physical disabilities and/or acquired brain injury in East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian
- Adults (16+) who have survived a stroke in Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian
Unit 14 Grampian Court, Beveridge Square, Livingston, EH54 6QF