Other help available

There are many council services working together to support local residents and provide advice and guidance for people who are struggling financially.

We also work closely with other organisations and partners who can provide additional support and assistance. 

Other organisations who can help

The Department for Work and Pensions - reponsible for administering welfare benefits and pensions in the UK

Social Security Scotland - responsible for administering devloved social security benefits in Scotland, e.g. Best Start Grants and Foods, Funeral Support Payment and Young Carer Grant

Citizens Advice Scotland - provide free, independent and confidential advice to local residents on a range of matters including benefits, debt and housing advice

CAPS Independent Advocacy - provide independent advocacy for people who use or have used mental health services

East Lothian Foodbank - provide emergency food and support to local people who are referred to the Foodbank as a result of a crisis

Home Energy Scotland - provide advice to customers on reducing energy bills and staying warm at home

Turn2Us - is a national charity providing practical help to people who are struggling financially. Find out more about welfare benefits, grants and charitable funds you may be entitled to

Our Helping with the cost of living crisis guide also contains information about help available. 

If you're still unsure who to contact, or are having difficulty understanding what help you might be entitled to, then get in touch with the council's Financial Inclusion team and we'll do what we can to help.