Employability & Job support - Covid-19
Welcome to East Lothian Works Triage Service, providing details of support which can be offered during this challenging time.
East Lothian Works is East Lothian Council's Employability Hub. Whilst our office is currently closed due to COVID-19, we remain responsive and open for business. We have established a single point of contact to respond to the needs of the community. The helpline is open to all residents of East Lothian, whether you are currently receiving a service from East Lothian Works or are looking for advice or employability support.
Helpline - 07855 214716, open Mon-Thurs, 10am-4pm (please leave a message outwith these hours) or email [email protected]
Young People (at school)
- Information and support applying for a Foundation Apprenticeship
- Advice about future Pre-Vocational courses and how to apply
- Online support for school pupils currently accessing a Pre-Vocational course with East Lothian Works (contact Helpline Number/Email address above)
- Access to E-Learning (contact Helpline Number/Email address above)
- Employability - we offer a range of courses including general employability skills and sector specific training. Support to move into work is offered in groups or on a 1:1 basis.
- No One Left Behind - we are offering 1-1 support for individuals who are not job ready but wish to take their next steps towards employment, further education or training. This includes individuals who are about to leave school or who have left school, including all age adults.
- Adult Literacy & Numeracy (ALN) - learning and building new skills, upskilling for work and SQA qualifications
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
In addition to the above, our partners at Skills Development Scotland are offering services detailed below:-
SDS National Helpline - 0800 917 8000
- SDS is continuing to provide career information, advice and guidance for all people. SDS Careers Advisers are continuing to offer support to individuals via telephone, Skype or online. To speak to a Careers Adviser, call the local SDS team on 0131 665 3120 or visit www.myworldofwork.co.uk.
- School pupils and parents - the school careers advisers are on hand to support pupils and can be contacted via telephone, Skype or email. You can also get referred to your school careers adviser by contacting your school or the local SDS team on 0131 665 3120.
- Anybody that is a risk of or has been made redundant, can access our PACE (Partnership Action for Continuing Employment) support service. Individuals and employers can call the PACE Helpline on 0800 917 8000 or visit www.redundancyscotland.co.uk
If you are looking for employment, at risk of losing your job, facing reduced hours or have lost your job due to Covid-19, there are a number of websites which have information to help you access support and search for live job vacancies.
Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region
The COVID-19 Job Support website will match live vacancies with job seekers who have registered for alerts.
Skills Development Scotland
Highlighting immediate job opportunities on their national website My World of Work.
Find a Job
The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) is the government’s job matching service.
Tourism & Hospitality
A free-to-use jobs portal to help workers from the tourism and hospitality sectors who have found themselves displaced as a result of COVID-19.
Rural and land-based sector
Key rural and land-based job opportunities to match up those without work or furloughed employees with relevant skills to rural opportunities.
To search for all the current apprenticeship vacancies visit apprenticeship.scot
If you are a young person looking for a job or apprenticeship, please see the DYW jobs board for all the latest vacancies in Edinburgh & the Lothian's