Community based adult learning
We work with local people and groups to help them improve the quality of life within their community.
We can support the development of organisations and help them towards achieving their goals by providing:
- support for voluntary management committees and community groups
- training opportunities
- advice on where to look for funding
We work with local people and groups to offer learning opportunities that they want in settings where they feel comfortable.
In the past, we have helped:
- a voluntary organisation run a positive wellbeing and relaxation course for young parents
- a women's group which wanted to study something leading to a qualification - we put them in contact with a nearby group so that they had enough people to run an SQA course.
- a mental health group run a creative writing class
- a local community centre run a gardening course for older residents
If you would like to talk about organising a learning opportunity for your group, or find out what's on in your area, get in touch with your local community learning and development contact.