Arranging a private placement

If you do not wish to contact your social work department you can arrange a placement privately by contacting care homes directly. However, if you do so, the rates you pay to your care home of choice may be higher than the rate the Council is charged.

We will only pay towards your care home placement if we have assessed you as requiring a care home placement. If you move into a care home prior to an assessment being completed and we determine that you are eligible for funding, we will only pay towards your placement from the date of your assessment.