Help if you're struggling to pay or need advice

It is important that you pay your invoice if you can, however if you’re worried about paying or need advice contact the Sundry Accounts team as soon as you can and we'll do what we can to help. 

Officers can work with to make sure you get any help you need and can also liaise with other Council services and Agencies on your behalf if you're struggling.

Contact details are shown on the right.  Depending on the volume of calls, you may be asked to leave a voicemail message and we will return your call as soon as we can, so please bear with us.

Find out more about Benefits and other support you may be entitled to

The Council also has a Financial Inclusion team who can provide advice about what benefits you may be entitled to and help you to apply.  Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay or Universal Credit

There’s lots of helpful information on The Department for Work & Pensions website, including information about recent Government changes which have been introduced to help during this challenging time.

There's also lots of information on the Social Security Scotland website, including details of new benefits available in Scotland.

The Council may also be able to help if you’re struggling financially, for example:

  • If you’re on a low income or claiming certain benefits, you may be entitled to help from the council to pay your Council Tax. This is called a Council Tax Reduction (CTR). 
  • If you’re claiming Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, but still can't afford to pay your rent, you may be eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). 
  • If you’re in crisis, you may be eligible for support from The Scottish Welfare Fund.

More information about welfare benefits can be found at  You can also access our online Benefits calculator from this site to get a quick estimate of what you may be entitled to.

Find out more about benefits