You are concerned about a neighbour, or a property

If you are concerned about a neighbour, perhaps because of their health, or you suspect abuse, or you have not seen them for a while, please contact your Housing Officer if they are a council tenant. You should speak to the Police or the Council's Adult Wellbeing service if they are a private tenant or owner.

If you think a property has been abandoned, or its garden is in a poor state, again speak to your Housing Officer if it is a council house. The Council has limited powers to deal with private houses in disrepair or overgrown gardens. If the problem is serious and especially if there could be a health hazard please contact our Environmental Health team.