Instrumental Music Service - Terms and Conditions
- Standard group lessons usually last for 25 minutes. Group size and length of tuition may change without notice. Individual lessons may be offered at the discretion of the Instructor. Pupils normally start off in groups and may move to individual lessons at secondary school.
- Lessons taken in school will usually lead to pupils being withdrawn from their normal school classes, where possible not from the same class every week. Pupils will be expected to catch up lesson time missed for music tuition by collecting notes/homework from the teacher.
- Unless 72 hours prior notice is given lessons will be treated as an unexcused absence.
- Instrumental Instructors are not responsible for escorting children to and from lessons. It is the responsibility of the pupil to attend lessons.
- The Instrumental Music Service only accepts responsibility for pupils during the actual lesson time.
- The Instrumental Music Service does not accept liability for loss of or damage to pupils own instruments or other personal possessions. We recommend parents ensure instruments are insured against loss or damage, usually as an extension to their home contents insurance policy.
- Membership of school bands and ensembles is not a contractual right of all pupils accessing the Instrumental Music Service. Instead, participation in school bands and ensembles is at the discretion of teaching staff.
- If a pupil wishes to withdraw from music tuition prior written notice must be given to email@example.com by the parent/guardian and the instrument returned ASAP.
- Tuition may be withdrawn in the event of disruptive or anti-social behaviour, poor attendance or failure to practise.
- The Music Service reserves the right to change terms and conditions at any time and without notice.
Updated July 2021