Political make up of the council
There are 22 elected Councillors in total who are responsible for agreeing policies about provision of services and how the Council's money is spent.
East Lothian Council has a minority Labour Administration.
The council usually meets once a month and is responsible for taking decisions, but it can delegate decisions to Committees, Sub-Committees or officers. The council meeting is made up of all the councillors elected to East Lothian Council.
View details of all council and committee meetings
|Political Party||Number of Councillors|
|Scottish National Party||6|
Political Leaders chosen by the Administration
- Leader of the Council: Councillor Norman Hampshire
- Depute leader: Councillor Shamin Akhtar
- Provost: Councillor John McMillan
- Depute Provost: Councillor Andy Forrest
- Councillor Norman Hampshire - Cabinet Spokesperson for Community Planning and Environment
- Councillor Fiona Dugdale - Cabinet Spokesperson for Education and Children's Services
- Councillor Shamin Akhtar - Cabinet Spokesperson for Health and Social Care
- Councillor Jim Goodfellow - Cabinet Spokesperson for Housing and Community Wellbeing
- Councillor John McMillan - Cabinet Spokesperson for Economic Development and Transportation