Public toilets fully open from 9am to 6pm (summer hours) - those highlighted * until 8pm:
- Aberlady Bay Nature Reserve
- Dunbar - Bayswell Road
- Dunbar - Whitesands Beach
- Haddington - Neilson Park Road
- Musselburgh - Shorthope Street
- North Berwick - Quality Street*
- Tranent - Lindores Drive
- Dunbar - Skateraw Beach
- Dunbar - Shore Road
- Gullane Bents Beach*
- Gullane - Goosegreen
- John Muir Country Park*
- Longniddry Bents Car Park 2*
- Musselburgh - Fisherrow Harbour*
- Port Seton - Links Road
- Prestonpans - Ayres Wynd
- Yellowcraig Beach*
- Longniddry bents - Toilets in Longniddry Bents car park 3 are closed for refurbishment but temporary unit is available.
Public toilets in East Lothian
- view all public toilet locations on a map
- all our public toilets are closed on 25 and 26 December and 1 and 2 January every year
Disabled toilet facilities
RADAR key scheme
We provide eight attended toilets that all have RADAR accessed disabled facilities. These are based in each of the larger towns in East Lothian.
The National RADAR key scheme offers independent access to disabled people to around 7,000 locked public toilets around the UK, with special disabled facilities. It was recognised by local authorities that due to vandalism and misuse that these premises must be kept locked to ensure and maintain standards of hygiene and the general upkeep of the facilities.
Only one key will be issued per applicant with proof of eligibility at the time of purchasing the key, e.g. Blue Badge Award, letter from the Department of Work and Pensions.
Purchase of keys
Keys can be purchased / collected from any of the East Lothian Council offices. Please note that our office opening hours may be limited because of coronavirus restrictions.