In terms of Section 67 of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, the Board has determined that it is appropriate to grant a general extension of licensed hours for the festive period. This extension will apply as follows:
- Christmas Eve - Monday 24 December 2018,
- Christmas Day - Tuesday 25 December 2018,
- Boxing Day - Wednesday 26 December 2018,
- Hogmanay - Monday 31 December 2018 and
- New Year’s Day - Tuesday 1 January 2019, (inclusive) and will allow an extension of the terminal hour for the sale of alcohol during that period until 2am.
This extension will only apply to on-sales and not to off-sales of alcohol.
There will be no general extensions out with these days although any applications for extended hours outwith the general extension will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
It should be noted that such applications will require to be submitted no later than December.
There is no need for licensees to apply for the general extension to 2am. On sales premises can utilise these hours to the extent they considered appropriate.