In terms of Section 67 of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, the Board has determined that it is appropriate to grant a general extension of licensed hours for the festive period. This extension will apply as follows:-
- Christmas Eve – Saturday 24 December 2022,
- Christmas Day -Sunday 25 December 2022,
- Boxing Day - Monday 26 December 2022,
- Hogmanay - Saturday 31 December 2022 and
- New Year’s Day - Sunday 1 January 2023, (inclusive) and will allow an extension of the terminal hour for the sale of alcohol during that period until 2am.
This extension will only apply to on-sales and not to off-sales of alcohol.
There will be no general extensions out with these days although any applications for extended hours outwith the general extension will be considered on a case-by-case basis. It should be noted that such applications will require to be submitted no later than 2 December 2022.
There is no need for licensees to apply for the general extension to 2am. On sales premises can utilise these hours to the extent they considered appropriate.