Hazardous chemicals

Emergency incidents in East Lothian involving hazardous chemicals are dealt with by Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service and Lothian and Borders Police, as well as other emergency services when necessary.

East Lothian Council and other agencies (such as the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) and the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) may also have a responsibility to investigate incidents.

You will find useful information on the following organisation's websites: