- North Berwick Library
- The Old School, School Road, North Berwick, East Lothian
- EH39 4JU
- 01620 820700
- Opening Times
Monday:9.00am - 5.00pm
Tuesday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday: 9.00am - 7.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Office closure- On Wednesday 27th February 2019, the Customer Service Staff within the local area offices, branch libraries, Library HQ and the Museums will be having a day for planning of services and staff development. This means that there will be no staff reception areas within the Brunton Hall, Musselburgh, or Court Street Reception, John Muir House.
George Johnstone Centre in Tranent, John Gray Centre in Haddington, Library and Museum HQ in Haddington and all Branch libraries and Museums will be closed to the public with the exception of the John Muir's Birthplace in Dunbar which will remain open. The main reception in John Muir House, Haddington will be staffed.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused because of this day closure. If you need assistant on the day, please call 01620 827827 and ask for the appropriate service.
- Library Catalogue
- Regular Events
- Bookbug Sessions - every Monday at 10.30am for 0-4 year olds ( Free).
- Storytime every Wednesday 3.30pm for 3-8 year olds ( Free).
- Code Club - every Thursday 3.45pm for 8-11 years old (Free).
- Science Club- every Friday 2pm for 8-12 years (£2).
- Lego Club - every Saturday from 2.00pm - 3.00pm for all ages ( Anyone under 8 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Lit Lot Book Group - every second Thursday of the month at 6.00pm.
- McIntosh Book group meets on the third Thursday of the month at 6.00pm.
- Morning Bookgroup meets on the last Tuesday of the month at 11am.
- Bridge Club meet every Saturday at 10.30am.
- Cancer Support Group meet every 2nd Thursday on the month at 10am.
- Tyne and Esk Writers meet 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 2pm.
- Learn computer basics - available online on demand (Learn computer basics or iPad learner sessions)
Please contact the library to check whether places are available and the age range of children attending.
- Facilities and Services
- Diary to record community events
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilet
- Doggy Bags
- DVDs and Music CD's
- Free Wi-Fi / Internet access
- Free hearing aid batteries given out to those with NHS hearing aids - bring in the yellow audiology record book
- Foodbank - list of suggested donations available in the library
- Newspapers and magazines
- Public access computers and colour printer (A4 & A3)
- Photocopier/Scanner (colour/black and white) and Lamination
- Recycling box covers
- Tourist information
The Vallis room in the library, along with tea and coffee making facilities and power points, available for hire, £8.00, £12.00, £20.00 per hour, depending on the status of group: charity, voluntary/non-profit making or commerce