Information for parents and carers
On 1 June 2019 the qualifying criteria to receive a School Clothing Grant changed to the same qualifying criteria for Free School Meals. If you receive one of the following benefits you are entitled to apply for Free School Meals and a School Clothing Grant:
- Income Support,
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance,
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but NOT Working Tax Credit with an annual income less than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit AND Working Tax Credit with an annual income less than £6,900
- Universal Credit - where your monthly take home pay does not exeed £610
We can provide school clothing grants to help parents and carers to ensure that their child has proper clothing for school (for example, school uniform, sports kit). School Clothing Grants are £100 for both Primary and Secondary pupils. School Clothing Grants are processed annually throughout the year.
We can also provide free school meals to ensure that children receive a free, balanced and healthy meal during the school day.
This service is delivered discreetly so that it is not obvious to other children that your child is receiving this benefit.