Set up a direct debit
Over 32,000 households in East Lothian pay their Council Tax by direct debit. It's the easiest way to stay on top of your bills.
Direct debit offers a hassle-free way to pay your regular outgoings, helping to avoid Council Tax payments being forgotten.
- Spread your payments over 10 or 12 months, within the current financial year.
- Choose to set up your instalments to pay on the 5th, 16th or last day of each month.
Direct debit guarantee
Customers are protected by, and should be reassured by, the direct debit guarantee offered by all banks involved in the direct debit scheme. You're protected by 3 important safeguards:
- An immediate money back guarantee from your bank in the event of an error.
- Advance notice if the date or amount changes.
- The right to cancel at any time.