What to do if you are struggling to pay

We will try to assist you wherever possible if you are having difficulty paying your Council Tax.

We can check to make sure you are receiving any discount, exemption or Council Tax Reduction  award you may be entitled to.

We may be able to offer you a more flexible payment option, to suit your circumstances.

It is important that you get in touch with us immediately and we'll do our best to help.

Contact the Council Tax team

Additional help and advice

If you have debts and are struggling to manage, your local Citizens Advice Bureau can offer help and advice.

Citizens Advice Bureau in Haddington

Citizens Advice Bureau in Musselburgh

Important information -  cost of living

With the cost of living increasing, many people are finding it difficult to cover essential daily living costs.

A range of measures are available to help people boost their income. Don't assume you're receiving everything you're entitled to, always check, and if you're still struggling or in doubt, get in touch.

Find out more: www.eastlothian.gov.uk/cost-of-living-support