Council Tax Reduction Scheme

You may be eligible for help with your Council Tax payments via the Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS).  

Eligibility depends on your income, including income from people who live with you so you may qualify whether you own your home, you’re working, out-of-work, are retired or a carer.

If you have more than £16,000 in savings you will not qualify, although the savings rule does not apply if you receive the guarantee element of Pension Credit.

You may also qualify if you receive Adult Disability Payment, Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Carer’s Allowance.

Apply for Council Tax Reduction