Public event licensing

Certain types of events will require a licence from East Lothian Council. These include the following:

Public entertainment licence - is required for all public events - although there are certain exemptions that might apply - further guidance available from the licensing team.

Occasional licence - when alcohol is to be sold in a place that does not have a premises licence.

Street traders licence - where goods are to be sold in a public place.

Market operators licence - where there will be stalls located in a public place.

A minimum of eight weeks notice should be allowed when applying for licences and permits.

To determine whether your event requires a licence, please contact our Licensing team on 01620 827867/827217 or email [email protected].