Tattoo and Piercing licences
To run any form of skin piercing or tattooing business including acupuncture, ear and body piercing and electrolysis, you will need to apply for a licence. If granted, the licence will last for 1 year.
How do I apply and how we will deal with your application?
You must complete the application form and submit it with the fee to the licensing section. You must then display the site notice below for a period of 21 days at the premises where it will be easily seen by members of the public. After that period, please return the completed Certificate of Compliance (below) to the licensing office.
We will send a copy of your application to the Police and East Lothian Council officers for comments.
- Tattoo and Piercing Licence application form
- Tattooing application site notice - to be displayed at the premises for 21 days starting the day you submit your application.
- Certificate of Compliance - To be completed once the notice has been displayed for 21 days and returned to the licensing office.
- Application guidance
- Sample advice notice - Tattooing
- Sample advice notice - Piercing
- Sample consent form - Tattooing and Piercing
- Sample consent form - Electrolysis
- Sample consent form - Acupuncture