Last planning committee of current administration decides on 9 items
Published Friday 31st March 17
There was a large agenda for the final Planning Committee meeting of the current Administration this week, before Council goes into recess ahead of the local government elections in May.
Planning Committee members were tasked with taking decisions on nine items, listed as follows:
- Erection of 87 houses and 20 flats and associated works on land to the west of Aberlady
- Conversion of building to form three houses and 18 flats, erection of 47 hourse, 57 flats and associated works at the former Fire Service Training School, Gullane. This had already received planning permission in principle and councillors agreed the detail of the development with the added condition that a Construction Management Statement be approved by council officers to restrict movement of vehicles during school travel times.
- Planning permission in principle for remediation of the site and the creation of a new settlement comprising residential, employment, education and commercial uses with park and ride and rail halt facilities, and associated works, at Blindwells, Tranent. There was one minor amendment, namely the removal of a section 75 agreement condition that the developer contribute to a new secondary school on the site. It had been agreed at a meeting of full Council the previous day that there was no requirement for a new secondary school on the site as Preston Lodge had capacity. The developer will be instead required to contribute to primary school provision plus education capacity at Preston Lodge. A motion to continue the application to look at the feasibility of building a new footbridge over the East Coast Railway Line was outvoted.
- Erection of 68 houses, 12 flats and associated works at Dovecote Farm, Haddington. This has already received planning permission in principle and councillors agreed the detail.
- Variation of planning consent to allow for a single delivery to the service yard at Tesco, Olivebank Road, Musselburgh, between the hours of 11pm and 7am.
- Erection of 74 houses, 24 flats and associated works at Pinkie Mains, Pinkie Road, Musselburgh.
- Erection of a school on land to the south of Wallyford Farm Cottages, Inchview Road, Wallyford. This already had planning permission in principle and councillors approved the detail.
The committee refused one item – erection of a poultry shed and associated works at Clerkington Mains, Letham, Haddington.
One item was continued – erection of 93 houses, 20 flats, landscaping and associated work on land adjacent to Orchardfield, East Linton – to assess road safety concerns, specifically whether there is a need for a roundabout at the western approach to East Linton.
The papers can be viewed on the council website.
More articles in the news archive.