The Blue Badge scheme runs across the UK. It allows people with severe mobility issues, who have difficulty using public transport, additional parking rights. This helps people live independent lives by knowing that when they reach their destination, either as a passenger or driver that they will be able to park close to where they need to go. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing a Blue Badge application.
Who can apply
If you are unsure if you qualify, read our Blue Badge eligibility page.
Step 1 - Apply or renew a Blue Badge online
The quickest and easiest way to apply for a blue badge is on online.
What you will need to apply or renew online:
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your driving licence number (if you have one)
- The serial number, expiry date and local council on your current blue badge (if you have one)
- Card payment details to pay the £20 charge - (If your application is unsuccessful you will receive a full refund).
You will need to provide further details if you:
- use any mobility aids
- take any medication for your condition
- have had any treatments for your condition and the names of the healthcare professionals that have treated you.
You will also need supporting documentation:
- A passport style photograph
- Proof of residency (Utility bill, Council Tax statement etc. dated within the last 12 months)
- Proof of identity (Birth certificate, Passport, Driving licence, Marriage certificate)
- Evidence of benefits if you meet the automatic entitlement criteria (dated within the last 12 months).
An application can take up to 45 minutes to complete online.
Support to complete your application
You can ask a family member, friend, support group or carer to assist you or apply on your behalf.
If you do not have access to the internet at home or work, you can use our public access PCs at one of our libraries.
If required, Library staff will be able to assist you with your online application. Please contact your local library (Excluding Wallyford) in advance to make an appointment.
- 10.00am - 12.00pm
- 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Staff can also help scan and email your supporting documents to the Blue Badge team if required.
Once you have applied return to this page to pay for your application.
Blue Badge renewal
We are no longer sending out renewal notifications via post. These will be sent via email or text, please include this contact information in your application.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing a Blue Badge application.
Step 2 - Pay for your application
The cost of a blue badge is currently £20, Payments can be made by credit or debit cards. The card holder does not need to be the applicant.
Your application cannot be completed until full payment is received. If your application is unsuccessful you will receive a full refund.
Step 3 - Send supporting documentation
Whilst applying online, if you have been unable to upload a passport-sized photograph, you will need to provide this.
Email photographs (you can also send a smart phone image), scans of all relevant supporting documentation (detailed above) and evidence of your benefits if applicable.
You must include your BBIS tracking reference which can be found in your confirmation email when you applied.
You can also post photocopies of your supporting documents to the Blue Badge team.
Please only send copies, do not send the originals.