Documentation to support a Blue Badge application
Photographs (including smartphone images) or scans of your documents can emailed or posted to the Blue Badge Team. Please do not send us any original documents.
All applicants will need to provide:
- A photograph which is a digital passport style photo, taken within the last 12 months and a true likeness without amendment
- Your driving licence (if you have one)
- Proof of your address (i.e. Council Tax bill, Utility bill or Bank/Post Office statement) dated within the last 12 month
- Proof of your identity (i.e. Birth/Adoption Certificate, Marriage/Divorce Certificate, Civil Partnership/Dissolution Certificate, Passport, Valid Driving License)
Evidence of benefit (Automatic entitlement only)
You must provide one of the following:
- Higher Rate component of Disability Living Allowance: You must provide a photocopy of your official award letter, dated within the last 12 months and stating the end date of the award
- Personal Independence Payment: A full copy of your award letter dated within the last 12 months that states the end date of your award and includes the mobility activities descriptor and points awarded
You must receive 8 points or more under the "moving around" activity of the mobility component or 12 points under the "Planning and following a journey"
Please note: - the points cannot be added together
- Blind: A copy of either a Certificate of Visual Impairment or Registration Card
- War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement: A copy of your official award letter
- You received a lump sum benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme: A copy of your award letter