Road permits and consents
If you propose to undertake any of the activities listed below on a public road or footway, it is a legal requirement that you obtain consent from the council as Roads Authority.
Consent will be given by means of a permit which will usually be issued within 4-6 weeks, depending on the complexity / scale of your works and the accuracy of the details submitted in your application.
Skip permits can normally be issued within 10 days.
Road Excavation Permit
- excavate in the road or pavement
- create or alter a driveway or other access point
- construct a drop kerb
Road Occupation Permit
- place a skip on the road
- erect scaffolding, access towers or hoists
- operate mobile cranes, hoists and cherry pickers
- erect hoarding or staging
- erect a mobile or tower crane
- place contractors plant, containers or materials on the road or footway
Tables & Chairs Permit
- place tables and chairs on the footway outside your business premises
Private Utility Apparatus Permit (S109)
- excavations to place, maintain or remove apparatus in or under the road or footway.
Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTROs)
- temporary road closures
- temporary parking restrictions
- temporary restrictions such as one-way streets
To obtain any of the above consents, please complete a permit application.