Other road defects
We are responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing:
Road Signs and Markings
- Road signs help direct you towards local areas, tourist attractions or nearby car parks
- Road Markings contribute to a safe driving environment and convey information to road users which might not be possible using upright signs.
- Road markings can be advisory, for example keep clear markings, or enforceable, for example yellow lines, box junctions, or stop lines.
- Including bridges, culverts and cattle grids.
We are not responsible for:
- bridges over on under operational railway lines - they are managed by Network Rail
- bridges over or under dual carriageways like the A1 - they are managed by Transport Scotland