Carers of East Lothian
Providing care can be a very rewarding experience. However it can also be lonely, physically tiring and put a strain on your finances. This is why there are dedicated services to offer support and practical advice to carers in East Lothian.
Carers of East Lothian provides dedicated, confidential and free support for anyone with a caring responsibility in the county over the age of 18. They will offer you as much advice and support as you feel you need.
Carers of East Lothian can:
- provide advice around welfare benefits, either for yourself or the person that you look after
- provide information and advice around health and social care services
- provide you with information around housing concerns and adaptations
- help you meet other people in a similar situation through their social events or support groups
- listen to your concerns in confidence
- provide advocacy services on your behalf
Carers of East Lothian can meet you in their offices, in your home or in another suitable venue.
Respite care and short breaks
Following an assessment, we may also be able to arrange a short break for you during the day and/or overnight. Respite services may also be available directly from us, see Respite at home.