Adaptations and improvements

If you need an adaptation to help you live independently in your own home, you may need assistance from our occupational therapy service.

This service is available to people of all ages, including children, living in East Lothian. Depending on your needs an occupational therapist or community care assistant may visit you and conduct an assessment.

It is important that we assess you in your own home. This is to make sure that we can see and better understand some of the problems that you are facing.

Work can vary from providing a ramp to access your home or a grab rail for extra support, to installing an accessible shower or stairlift. The exact specification will depend on your needs and your property.

We use assessments to make sure our recommendations are appropriate, will address your needs and meet our eligibility criteria.

Find out how to organise an assessment