Care at home assessment and support
East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership is committed to supporting people to live longer, healthier lives closer to home, in their own home or in a homely setting.
There are times when we might benefit from getting some additional support to help with daily activities in our own home, and engaging in activities to support our mental wellbeing.
There are a wide range of support options available including:
- attending day centres or joining in community based social activity groups
- introducing self-managed technology enabled care,
- making adaptations or home improvements to make the home safer to move around in
- getting cooked meals delivered
- receiving personal care assistance, e.g. dressing and bathing
- or if required, looking at a residential placement which provides care support.
Requesting an assessment
If you think either yourself or a loved one would benefit from some care support the first step is to request a needs assesment from the East Lothian Adult Social Work Team.
As well as a full needs assessment, the team can provide advice and support information about payment options, eiligibilty for fiancial aid, and the range of options available to you.