East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership is proud to be supporting 16 Days of Activisim 2019
From 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day, the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence Campaign is a time to galvanize action to end violence against women and girls around the world. The international campaign originated from the first Women's Global Leadership Institute coordinated by the Center for Women's Global Leadership in 1991.
East Lothian and Midlothian Violence Against Women and Girls Partnership, East Lothian and Midlothian Public Protection Committee, is coordinating our 16 Days of Activism Campaign across East Lothian and Midlothian. This is part of a Scotland wide initiative with the theme: Building Wellthy communities.
Could you or your group or organisation host an activity large or small around the theme or any aspect of gender equality or tackling violence against women?
The idea is to help men and women, young people and boys and girls to have the knowledge, tools and confidence to be able to challenge gender inequality and violence against women and girls. This could be in any format – the more engaging the better! Here are some ideas:
- Show a film - Thelma and Louise, I Daniel Blake, The Colour Purple, Fried Green Tomatoes – let us know if you can think of others.
- Organise a music, poetry, rap, dance or drama event
- Invite your team or group to take the White Ribbon Scotland pledge
- Organise a lunchtime talk, workshop or a conference
- Propose a motion to Council or your organisation
- Bring it up on local radio or social media
- Hold a fundraiser for local support services for women and girls...
Visuals for your campaign
If you're planning to do something, East Lothian Public Protection Office has pulled together some graphics that you can use in your campaign.
You will also find a form there, asking you to let us know about your contribution so that we can add it to our calendar of activities and events.