By integrating health services delivered by NHS Lothian and social care delivered by East Lothian Council, East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership (ELHSCP) aims to:
Provide the best health, best care and best value for East Lothian's communities.
Integrated Joint Board (IJB)
East Lothian Integration Joint Board (IJB) governs the East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership (ELHSCP) which delivers community health and social care services in East Lothian. The arrangements for the IJB and HSCP are set out in the IJB’s Integration Scheme.
The key functions of IJBs are set out in legislation, they are to:
- prepare a Strategic Plan for all delegated functions
- allocate the integrated budget to deliver the aims of the Strategic Plan
- oversee the delivery of services
Functions delegated to IJBs include:
- adult social care services
- adult primary and community health care services
- some elements of adult hospital care
Join the Team
Looking for your next career move in Health and Social Care? Discover the opportunities available in East Lothian. Small enough to feel like you belong and are supported and yet big enough to find a wide range of career developing opportunities.